Family Engagement Data Dive at Joelton Middle Prep
Using Collaborative Inquiry for Developing a Family Engagement Plan
Joelton Middle Prep's leadership team met on Friday, May 19, 2017 to use the collaborative inquiry process to analyze family engagement data in order to develop recommendations for the 2017-2018 Family Engagement plan.
Activating and Engaging--Vision for Family Engagement
The discussion began with individuals envisioning what they want family engagement to look like for Joelton Middle Prep. Small groups shared thier ideas with one another. Then, Dr. Margie Johnson facilitated a whole group sharing of ideas. (See picture.)
Exploring and Discovering
Family Engagement Data Dive
Organizing and Integrating--Recommendations
Using the brainstorming about family engagement and data observations from the family engagement data, the leadership team provided recommendations. These recommendations have been compiled and will be used to develop the 2017-2018 Family Engagement plan.
- Margie will compile data and share with team.
- The Family Engagement Specialist will follow up.
Exit Ticket Reflection--What actions might you take as a result of our conversation today?
- get to know my child’s teachers better
- focusing on 1 goal at a time
- using data to drive focus
- set regular check in for Joelton
- increase family portal usage
- discuss with team for next year consistent team-wide policies
- consider effective tools/systems for communication with families
- increase consistence with communication policy
- meet as a team to develop communication policies and expectations for next year
Meeting Feedback--How was the meeting?
Suggestions for Improvement